All new staff undergo a half day organisational induction which covers:
- Introduction to the history of the organisation.
- Introduction to the organisational structure of the company.
- Presentation, explanation and discussion of the safety policy.
- Introduction of the Safety Management System.
- Discussion and presentation of documented procedures on the reporting requirements for incidents and hazards.
- A list and explanation of company general policies.
- Communications issues (reporting, use of telephones, fax, staff newsletters etc.).
- Information on workers compensation and rehabilitation.
- Employment issues such as salary, leave, company policies etc.
Staff are required to attend a one day orientation day within 6 months of commencing employment. This is a fun day training event conducted by the CEO, at an off-site location. This course covers:
- History of Horizon Foundation
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Values & Communication
- Duty of Care
- Horizon Policies
- Disability Service Standards
- Quality Assurance
- Value Added Service
All staff are required to attend annual WH&S General Awareness Training and Fire Awareness Training. This training emphasises the organisation’s commitment to WH&S and provides staff with a re-fresher on WH&S policies and procedures.