Horizon Foundation provides an effective support system of services to meet the growing needs of the community.
The geographic service area encompasses S.E Queensland’s eastern corridor extending from Wynnum to Tweed Heads, and west to Stones Corner and the Logan City regions.
Horizon’s businesses and award-winning programs are very well respected in the community, and are considered best practice within the disability sector.
Every year, over 1700 people with a disability, injury or illness access the many services offered by Horizon Foundation.
Clear Horizons - A PATHWAY TO HEALTH THROUGH FUN active inclusion program.
Fun, team sports and recreation programs for people with disabilities aged 16 and over throughout Logan, Redlands and Wynnum.
For more information please download and print a copy of our brochure.
Clear Horizons Beyond Brokerage
Clear Horizons is excited to offer the expansion of our quality programs with a brokerage option. This option is open to individuals, families and organisations to refer service users to our programs. Group participants derive genuine, tangible benefits from the successfully established programs available at Clear Horizons. Participants develop a diverse range of skills based on their personal goals as well as through interaction in group activities. Participants can choose to develop their:-
- LIfe skills - literacy, numeracy, cooking, shopping, grooming, money management, communication, health and protective behaviour.
- Vocational opportunities - training, work experience and volunteering.
- Social skills - recreation, community interaction, fitness and sport.
- Personal goals - men and women groups and adult living.
- Creativity - drama, music, photography, art and craft.
Individual participants can select the program they prefer in the concluding weeks of the previous program and tailor the service to suit individual needs. They also contribute to the ongoing planning and evaluation of each session.
Participants are supported by qualified, skilled professionals (minimum requirement Certificate IV in Disability) at Clear Horizons and whilst out in the community. Alternatively, service users are able to access our one-on-one tailored service supported by Disability Support Professionals to access services, their local community, employment options, in home support or activities of their choice. Individual plans are developed with service users, their significant others and our skilled Key Workers who continually monitor support progress.
Participants benefit from:-
- Flexible and individualised service
- Innovative service delivery
- Highly experienced, qualified staff
- Strong community reputation
- The backing of Horizon Foundation Inc - an award winning Disability Organisation established in 1981
- Accreditation under Disability Services - Service Standards
- Best practice leader in the Disability Services field
- One of Queensland's largest, most respected and diverse post school transitional school providers
Beyond Brokerage specialises in providing services for people who are:-
- Purchasing additional support to their current government funding;
- Self-funded; or
- Funding from an external funding source (temporary or long term)
Clear Horizons Beyond Brokerage
PO Box 118
Capalaba Qld 4157
Telephone (07) 3824 8370
Facsimile (07) 3820 2322
Email - email@example.com